Southern Osteoarthritis Program
Are you living with Osteoarthritis pain?
Would you like to get back to doing more of what you enjoy?
St Lukes has launched a pilot program offering eligible members living with hip or knee Osteoarthritis help to reduce your pain levels and improve your ability to undertake and enjoy everyday activities.
What does the program involve?
The program runs for 14 weeks (about 3 months) and is delivered by Kieser Australia. Kieser is an allied health-led network of exercise scientists, physiologists, and physiotherapists. The program is run at their integrated physiotherapy, rehabilitation, and strength training centre in Hobart.
The program is designed to help you improve your condition through physiotherapy, exercise, strength development, and education. The goal is to provide a long-term self-management program.
To get started please read on to see if you are eligible for participation in the program.
View the Kieser Hip and Knee Osteroarthritis Program brochure.
For medical practitioners, view the information brochure.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if:
- You have been a St Lukes member for 12 months or longer;
- You currently hold St Lukes Hospital cover that includes hip/knee joint replacement;
- Your membership payments are up to date; and
- You are able to be in Hobart to attend the Kieser clinic three days a week.
In addition, your GP or Kieser will need to verify:
- A primary diagnosis of hip or knee Osteoarthritis (evident on plain x-ray);
- That you have experienced pain 4/10 or higher over the last month; and
- You are a candidate for hip or knee replacement surgery in the next three years.