A guide to private health insurance cover when you’re having a baby.
Launceston Postnatal Service at the Mantra Charles Hotel
As members in Northern Tasmania do not have access to a private hospital to have their baby or for their postnatal recovery, St.LukesHealth has partnered with the Mantra Charles Hotel, to offer a personalised postnatal service. After your baby’s birth at the LGH and following clearance from your obstetrician, you can enjoy a few extra nights before you go home at the Mantra Charles Hotel to allow extra time to rest and to get to know your baby whilst being supported by experienced midwives and lactation consultants.
The following are included in the St.LukesHealth, Mantra Charles Hotel service:
- A car transfer from the LGH to the Mantra Charles Hotel with a personal escort.
- Up to 3 nights accommodation with the Mantra Charles Hotel in an Executive Studio room.
- A special pamper pack to welcome you and your baby to your room.
- Up to two visits per day from an experienced midwife or lactation consultant, who will provide you with support, education and help you with your emotional and physical wellbeing.
- A free visit during your stay from a qualified physiotherapist from PhysioFit.
- All meals for mum are included from a specially prepared menu.
- Mum can also spoil someone special and have them join her for a complimentary dinner for two in the hotel restaurant or in her room during her stay.
- Partners and other family members can also enjoy a 10% discount on hotel meals when dining with mum during her stay
- A free welcome home house clean by “The Cleaning Nerd” can be arranged for you.
- Extended stays are available at a discounted room and meal rate at the member’s cost.
Your room is specially prepared and equipped with the following:
- A comfortable bed for two with plenty of pillows
- An easy chair for baby feeding
- A baby bassinet, bath and change mat
- A nappy change area
- A Kitchenette
- A spacious bathroom
- Breast pump and kits
- Sterilising option for formula feeding
- Baby weighing scales
- Free Wi Fi up to 1 GB per day
Who is eligible to access the service?
This service is available to St.LukesHealth Members in Northern Tasmania who do not have access to a private hospital with postnatal services.
Mums who deliver their baby at the LGH can access the postnatal service at the Mantra Charles Hotel. (Mums and bubs must be well enough to go home to use the service as this is a post‐discharge service).
The postnatal service is available on all hospital products with the exception of Packaged Budget 500 Level 2, Budget 500 Level 2 and Hospital Co-pay. A 12 month waiting period applies to new members and members transferring from another fund.
What about members in Southern or North West Tasmania?
St.LukesHealth Members who live in Southern or North West Tasmania continue to be served by the private hospitals in those regions.
To read the Postnatal care brochure, please Click Here.
Home Based Postnatal Service
We know some mums would prefer to relax in the comfort of their own home. As an alternative to our hotel service, Northern Tasmanian members when discharged from the LGH can return home and still receive our support.
For further information Click Here