The Private Health Insurance (PHI) Code of Conduct is an Industry self regulatory code which aims to promote informed relationships between private health insurers, consumers, agents and brokers. St.LukesHealth is a signatory to the Code and supports the principles set out in the Code.
What do health funds promise under the Code?
Funds who are signatories to the Code will:
- work towards improving the standards of practice and service in the private health insurance industry;
- provide information to you in plain language;
- promote better informed decisions about their private health insurance products and services by:
- ensuring that policy documentation is full and complete;
- providing clear explanations of the contents of the policy documentation when asked by you; and
- ensuring that persons providing information on health insurance are appropriately trained.
- provide information to you on your rights and obligations under your relationship with your health fund, including information on this PHI Code of Conduct; and
- provide you with easy access to their internal dispute resolution procedures, which will be undertaken in a fair and reasonable manner, and advise your rights to take an issue to an external body such as the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman (PHIO).
View a copy of the PHI Code of Conduct consumer brochure.